As we all know, disposable products are bad for the environment, but seeing an image as powerful as this, definitely has you stopping in your tracks, doesn’t it?
It is estimated that it takes between 200 to 500 years for just ONE disposable nappy to decompose. Reusable nappies on the other hand can be used on a second or third child and then even sold on to another family. The added bonus is that they look great on!
A lot of people say, but reusable nappies require large amounts of water to wash.
Let’s crunch some figures:
- - It is estimated that washing reusable diapers could use 69,555 litres over the course of around 2.5 years.
- - If you use the average amount of water in your household, washing your reusable nappies would only account for about 5% of your total use.
- - This may seem like a lot, but when you compare it with how much water is required to manufacture one disposable diaper, you would be amazed.
- - It takes 40 litres of water to manufacture just ONE disposable diaper. Remember that the average baby uses around 4,000 disposable nappies by the time they are potty trained.
- - Disposable nappies use more natural resources to manufacture – including around 250,000 trees a year!
With water-wise washing techniques, plus having the opportunity to use your nappies on a second or third child, the footprint is minimised. Did you know that a front-loading washing machine uses 35% less water than a top-loader?
If you really want to minimise your impact on the environment, you can make the switch to reusable cloth wipes as well. It is estimated that you would need around 12,000 baby wipes per year! A few packs of reusable wipes will last you for all your nappy changes and can be thrown in the wash with your resuable nappies.
Baba and Boo nappies have you covered from birth to potty training. They have a range of beautiful nappy prints, boosters, reusable bamboo wipes and matching nappy storage bags. These are perfect for at home or out and about. They are really an all-purpose bag, but are usually used to store dirty nappies, but are also excellent for trips to the swimming pool.
TotsBots nappies make their waterproof outer from 100% recycled polyester yarn! They have a soft bamboo core and the cutest designs. Their gorgeous and bright designs use hook and loop fastening to make it even easier to get the right fit. They also have the perfect night-time nappies that ensure your baby stays dry for up to 12 hours.
So, what are you waiting for?
Join our Facebook Group to be the first to know about news and sales, ask questions and more.