Over the last few years, wooden toys have made a comeback and it's not just because they are better for the environment and your bank account. The wooden toys that we stock at Tilly & Jasper are all created under ethical working conditions and are Fair Trade. Wooden toys never go out of style and can be enjoyed for generations.
1. Wooden toys are more durable than plastic toys and can be handed down to siblings or sold.
2. They are safer than plastic toys, with no harmful chemicals used and using child-friendly paints, stains and lacquers.
3. Wooden toys nurture your child’s creativity and open up their imagination. This will help develop motor skills, hand eye coordination, problem solving skills, social skills and so much more.
4. They are better for the environment. Plastic toys almost never decompose, where as wooden toys are made from the highest quality materials and don’t contain any nasty chemicals.
5. Wood helps children focus and even calm down, which means playing with wooden toys can have a neurological impact on a child’s brain.
6. Wooden toys have more uses, which means fewer toys (and space) needed.
7. They enhance early education by improving children’s numerical, literary, and spatial awareness. Wooden toys come in the form of building blocks or puzzles, where your little one is encouraged to build patterns or create something new.
Wooden toys are actually cheaper in the long run too. While they are more expensive upfront, they are durable and pretty much unbreakable. They don’t require battery changes, so you’ll save over the years. At Tilly and Jasper, we only bring in stock from Fair Trade suppliers, such as Goki, Holztiger and Lanka Kade. Have a look at our gorgeous wooden toys here.
Join our exciting Facebook Group for more exciting news, flash sales, sizing advice and more!